TUA TUA WITH SMOKE PAPRIKA, TOMATOES AND BASIL
1 kg Small Tua Tua
1 Red onion
1 Red chilli (Thinly sliced)
3 Garlic cloves (Finely sliced)
1 tspn Smoked paprika
100ml White wine
70ml Olive oil
15 Cherry tomatoes (Cut in 1/2)
Bunch of Basil (Torn)
2 Tbsp Chives (Finely chopped)
1 Lemon (Zest + juice)
- Place a heavy based pot with a tight fitting lid onto a Medium heat.
- Add the olive oil, red onions, garlic, smoked paprika and chilli. Cook gently whilst stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add the white wine and bring to a boil.
- Add the clams and cover. Let simmer for 3 minutes then remove lid to check. Remove any clams that have opened and place to one side whilst the rest continue to cook.
- Once all claims are open, remove them from the pot and reduce liquid by ½. Add the cherry tomatoes, basil, chives, lemon juice and zest.
- Add all the clams back to the pot and toss through the sauce. Taste and season if desired.
- Serve immediately with fresh bread to soak up the juices.
Recipe courtesy of Bradley Hornby of Arbour Dining